Hunger Count is an annual survey of food banks part of the Food Banks Canada (FBC) network that is conducted throughout the country in the month of March. The survey’s aim is to measure the use of food banks by community organizations all across Canada.
Every year, Moisson Montréal produces its own Hunger Count based on the data it collects from the community organizations it serves across the island of Montreal.
Highlights of the 2021 Hunger Count
- 288 community organizations across the island of Montreal benefited from our services on a regular basis;
- 714,287 requests for food assistance per month;
- 491,127 meals and snacks served;
- 92,367 total individuals benefit from Food Pantry Programs, 34.4% of those are children;
- 20 million kilos of foodstuffs and other basic products were distributed;
- We worked closely with 360 agrifood businesses and more than 125 supermarkets to effectively collect their donations;