Hunger Count is an annual survey of food banks part of the Food Banks Canada (FBC) network that is conducted throughout the country in the month of March. The survey’s aim is to measure the use of food banks by community organizations all across Canada.
Every year, Moisson Montréal produces its own Hunger Count based on the data it collects from the community organizations it serves across the island of Montreal.
Highlights of the 2021 Hunger Count
- 303 community organizations across the island of Montreal benefited from our services on a regular basis;
- 898,381 requests for food assistance per month;
- 675,217 meals and snacks served;
- 99,130 total individuals benefit from Food Pantry Programs, 36% of those are children;
- 17,1 million kilos of foodstuffs and other basic products were distributed;