Requirements of the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency concerning donations
In order to meet the requirements of the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA) concerning donations, we keep a register of all donations made to Moisson Montreal. The personal information which can be found in the register remains completely private and confidential. This information is kept in a safe location accessible only to authorized employees.
Donations made to Moissons Montreal are not refundable.
Information Collection and Usage
We gather two types of information on our Internet web site :
- personal or nominal information (those pertaining to the identification of a person) which you provide during registration to the electronic newsletter or when you donate online;
- general data associated with visitation to our site. (Generally speaking, Web servers gather this type of basic information for their own visitation register. We do not register individual visits.) These statistical analyses serve to evaluate and improve the services offered and our web site, according to the needs of our visitors.
Moisson Montreal’s web site does not generate “cookies”. “Cookies” are small text files with are inserted onto your hard disk by various web sites.
It is not necessary to provide any personal information in order to access the information on our web site. In certain circumstances, however, Moisson Montreal may request nominal information. In these cases, we offer our visitors the choice of whether or not to provide certain requested details.
For example :
- you are not required to provide certain personal information when you donate or register; compulsory information is indicated by an asterisk.
- you may choose not to receive further communications from Moisson Montreal.
The list of donors to Moisson Montreal is never disclosed to any other organization.
If you choose to make an on-line donation to Moisson Montreal, we will ask you to provide the following information.
- Contact details : first and last name, address, city, province or state, country, postal code (or zip code), telephone number, email address as well as other contact details. This information permits us to process your donation and your income tax receipt.
- Credit cards : for all donations from the provinces, we process the normal credit information (credit card number, type of card, expiry date) using a secure electronic transmission procedure called the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol encrypted to 128 bits. The SSL protocol is the recognized standard for secure Web transactions. This information is used only for processing your donation and is not kept in any way after doing so.
- Donations to the memory of or in honour of : for these types of donations, a personalized thank-you card is sent to the designated person, usually a member of the family of the deceased person or to the person being honoured. Therefore, we ask you to provide the name, address, city, province (or state), postal code (or zip code) as well as the telephone number of the person to whom the card is addressed.. This information is used to send the card.
- Information for subscription to the e-bulletin : in order to use our on-line registration form, you will need to provide your email address. This information will remain confidential.
- Email requests : Our Web site contains several links offering visitors an easy way to send an email asking for more information or for transmitting their comments to Moisson Montreal. It is possible, for example, to request information from our webmaster or from a particular person from one of our different divisions. When you use these links, your email address and the object of your inquiry are transmitted to Moisson Montreal.
We do not use this information for any reason other than to respond to your request and to evaluate our service. These requests help us to improve our web site by enriching its contents according to the needs of the users and for updating it, as needed.
Future communications from Moisson Montreal
Moisson Montreal may subsequently contact those who have made a donation or who have registered on-line for an event in order to transmit information on various subjects. This may be done by mail, by telephone or by email. If you do not wish to receive any form of communication from Moisson Montreal, we will respect your decision. You need only inform us by contacting us in one of the following ways :
6880, chemin Côte-de-Liesse
Montreal (Quebec) H4T 2A1
Telephone : (514) 344-4494
Fax : (514) 344-1833
Email address : email@example.com
You may also limit the use of your contact details by contacting Moisson Montreal.
At certain times, Moisson Montreal may contact those who have provided nominal information on our Internet site and who have also accepted that we contact them, in order to gather their comments. These surveys are used to improve our services. The global data derived from these surveys may be made public, however, no individual data will ever be transmitted to anyone.
Links to other sites
Moisson Montreal’s Internet site proposes links to other sites which are not under our control; Moisson Montreal is not responsible for their content, for the links offered by the other sites, nor for the changes or updates which they are subjected to. Offering the link to another Internet site in no way implies that Moisson Montreal endorses this site or the information and services which they provide.
Moisson Montreal cannot be held responsible for the privacy policies of other Internet sites. We therefore invite you to read attentively the policies of all Internet sites which you visit and who ask you for personal information.