Our greatest strength lies in our team and in the values we embrace, such as respect, integrity, fairness, support and commitment which our employees convey daily.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic, devoted and inspiring team whose work contributes to making our world a better place, send us your application (with your resume and cover letter).
This job posting should be more creative. But it isn’t. Why?
Because you haven’t joined our team yet!
As the Manager of Communications and Marketing, you will join a dedicated team of communications and fundraising professionals working to enhance the role and impact of food banks. In so doing, you will help Moisson Montreal continue its growth by engaging individuals, corporations and other organizations to change the face of food insecurity, both in Montreal and across Canada.
Every day, tens of thousands of individuals take on a wide range of challenges, from mental health to conjugal violence, delinquency and addiction, to name a few. They are supported by hundreds of organizations spread across Montreal whose sole purpose is to ensure they find their rightful place in society. In 2017, Moisson Montreal delivered close to 16,000,000 KGs of food to more than 240 of those organizations, allowing them to focus on their core mission instead of being concerned about how to feed their beneficiaries. By partnering with these organizations, Moisson Montreal is an important contributor to our society as a whole while also affecting the lives of tens of thousands of individuals.
The Big How
By joining our team, you will be responsible for the creation and delivery of the following for Moisson Montreal:
• Develop and design a strong, bilingual public persona for Moisson Montreal
• Develop and implement a long-term strategy using benchmarks and milestones to ensure short, medium, and long-term relevance in the market to support the organization’s financial and food donation objectives
• Ensure a consistent and high-profile visibility with media and public relations organizations
The Little How
Here’s the fine print on how we think this role will reach the goals set out for Moisson Montreal.
• Lead the overall strategic plan as it relates to communications, marketing and online presence, while also developing compelling and strategic case for support documents and other reports, with a focus on highlighting the need for and impact of donor dollars to tackling the challenges of food insecurity
• Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) that will be used to measure and track performance of all digital campaigns and communications
• Lead a team responsible for Marketing and Communications (internal and external)
• Manage media relations activities including: writing media advisories and press releases, pitching stories, overseeing incoming media requests, and building and maintaining relationships with local print, radio and TV media
• Support the creation of speaking remarks/messaging for the Executive Director, the Board Chair and other key representatives as required
• Maintain an editorial calendar that considers the diverse external communication needs of the organization
• Work in collaboration with other department heads to ensure consistency in branding and messaging as well as communication frequency and segmentation
• Manage all requests for translation as needed across the organization
• Stay abreast of best practices in social impact communications and make recommendations to improve content development and delivery across all platforms
• Collaborate with agencies and other vendors when required
Here’s Who You Might Be
We have a wide range of people here at Moisson Montreal, and we certainly aren’t looking for conformity. If you recognize yourself in the following lines, you’ll probably be a great fit for us and we would love to see your résumé:
• You are autonomous and motivated, with an ability to drive forward projects with an entrepreneurial spirit
• You have exceptional writing and editing skills, You are very creative and resourceful, you always made the most creative and interesting school projects growing up
• You are detail-oriented without losing sight of the big picture – you realize that to make the most beautiful pictures, sometimes you have to draw outside the lines
• You like to work hard and have a lot of energy and enthusiasm
• You are a team player who likes to help others achieve their goals
• You care about others and keen to have a positive impact through the amazing work you do
• You possess strong media and PR skills and be able to interact with a wide range of professionals to engage the broader public
• You have a creative approach and ability to capture a story and illustrate it from various angles depending on the target audience and medium
Here’s What You Have
Here are some basic things to have in your personal history,.
• BSc/BA in public relations, communications, journalism, or relevant field
• 5+ years’ experience in a similar position
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both official languages
Are you ready? So are we! Send us your Letter of Introduction, resumé and anything else you think would get us excited about meeting you to firstname.lastname@example.org today! If we like what we see, you’ll be hearing from us!