Last Updated : May 19th, 2020, 3:28 pm
Below you will find answers to the questions being asked concerning Moisson Montréal in this pandemic situation. Because of the large number of calls that we are receiving, you may find the answer to your question by reading the following Frequently Asked Question document
Answer: Yes. Our priority remains to ensure the continuation of our essential distribution service to community organizations, all the while taking preventative measures recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO), Canada’s Public Health Agency, Premier François Legault’s Office, Santé et Service Sociaux du Quebec’s, as well as Quebec’s Office for Public Safety.
To find out more, read the April review here.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory for all persons present on Moisson Montréal’s premises.
- You must put on your mask before entering.
- You must fill out the Declaration: Travel Outside the Country & Symptoms form by entering
- The social distance of 2 meters is mandatory.
- Frequent hand washing is mandatory
Special measures for volunteers
- In order to respect the social distance of 2 meters, each work platform is reduced to a maximum of 10 people.
Dinner and break
- In order to respect the social distance of 2 meters, the break and the dinner are spread over two schedules
- You take your 15-minute break either at 9:30 or 10:30.
- You take your 45-minute dinner, either at 11:15 or 12:15.
- Only two people are allowed to sit at each table.
- Respect the floor markings for entering and leaving the cafeteria.
Special measures for the organizations
Waiting area while waiting to be called by the Moisson employee
- 5 chairs were placed two metres apart each.
- You must not move these chairs.
Refrigerators for distribution
- Only 3 organisms can be in the refrigerator at the same time.
- Only 6 people (including Moisson employees) can be in the fridges at the same time.
Respect the floor markings
- In order to maintain a distance of 2 meters between each person, you must follow the ground markings.
- The blue arrows indicate the direction of entry.
- The red arrows indicate the direction to exit
Special measures for food suppliers
- Only one person at a time may be present in the entrance cage.
Answer: In order to ensure the continuity of its essential food distribution services to its 250 partner organizations, we are always in need of volunteers. In order to respect social distancing measures, we have reduced the size of each work platform to a maximum of 10 people. To register, please email email@example.com and we will evaluate together the availability on both sides.
Donations of more than 100 Kg:
Moisson Montréal offers a free pick-up service. Simply contact Stéphane Wells by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 514-344-4494 extension 302. If you are able to deliver your food donation to Moisson Montréal’s warehouse (6880 chemin Côte-de-Liesse, Montréal, QC H4T 2A1). We receive food donation deliveries at warehouse doors P9 and P10 (loading docks are accessible by Hickmore Ave.) between 7:30 AM and 3 PM Monday to Thursday, or 7:30 AM to 11 AM Fridays. Please contact us by email at: email@example.com or by calling 514-344-4494 extension 242, to schedule an appointment.
Donations of less than 100 Kg:
We recommend bringing your donations to your local organizations. To find a local community organization near you, please consult the following website at 211qc.ca or call 211.
Click here to read the press release outlining the restrictions to access that are currently in effect.
Thank you so much for your support. To meet the needs arising from the pandemic, we have increased our service offering by 30% since April 6th. Thanks to the extraordinary wave of donations received (and to pre-existing pledges from our generous partners), our latest budget forecasts for this year indicate that Moisson Montréal has sufficient funding secured to accomplish its mission. To the extent that demand does not grow more sharply and food remains available to us, any new financial support received from now on will be used to accumulate funding reserves for 2021. We anticipate that the needs will be very significant next year and we are deeply grateful to our amazing donors who allow us to prepare for the future. To donate online click here, or contact Serena Hernandez at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 514-344-4494 extension 222.
Answer: In order to find a community organization that offers food assistance, we invite you to visit the site 211qc.ca or call 211. This information and referral center for the Greater Montreal is meant to inform you of the organizations closest to you in your area. Please note that Moisson Montréal doesn’t give any direct food assistance to individuals. We only supply the organizations that, in turn, help Montrealers in need.
Answer: Below is a list of MAIN CONTACTS, by function:
Services to Partner Organizations: email@example.com
Monetary Donations and Accounting: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Coordination: email@example.com
Food Donations: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other questions, please contact us at email@example.com and we will answer you in a timely manner.