Reporting to the Director of Operations, the volunteer coordinator supervises the work related to the processing of perishable and non-perishable foodstuffs carried out by all Moisson Montreal volunteers and participants in social integration programs.
More specifically, the person chosen will have to :
- Plan and prepare the various work trays in the warehouse on a daily basis;
- Welcome volunteers/participants, assign them to their work trays and explain the tasks they will have to perform;
- Ensure that volunteers have all the necessary tools to perform their tasks and that these tools are functional;
- Contribute to the evaluation of certain volunteers/participants in the social integration and internship programs;
- Ensure a presence with volunteers throughout the work day in order to respond to their needs, if necessary;
- Ensure the smooth running of breaks and meals with groups of volunteers;
- Intervene in crisis or conflict situations;
- Work in collaboration with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure the required follow-ups for certain volunteers/participants;
- Ensure that the productivity objectives of the various work platforms are met;
- Ensure the cleanliness and orderliness of the work stations;
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations and hygiene and sanitation rules;
- Any other related task.
- College degree in social work, special education, logistics or related field;
- Two (2) to five (5) years of relevant experience;
- Bilingual (English/French);
- Intervention training an asset;
- Driving a forklift and/or electric pallet truck is an asset;
- Comfortable with the Office suite;
Skills and Abilities
- Committed to providing excellent customer service;
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills and is comfortable in front of groups;
- Demonstrated self-reliance and organizational skills;
- Demonstrates openness and team spirit;
- Sense of initiative;
- Ability to work with individuals with mild learning disabilities and intellectual differences;
- A salary between $40,549 and $50,686 per year for this position (new scale 2023-2024 to come);
- Refrigerated work environment, presence of noise;
- Coordination of a team of approximately 50 volunteers per day;
- More than 80% of the work is done standing and walking;
- Daytime schedule from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Interested candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Moisson Montreal is an equal opportunity employer. Only selected candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in Moisson Montreal.
Comments are closed.