Moisson Montréal is a registered charity founded in 1984 and the biggest food bank in Canada. Its mission is to provide an optimal food supply for community agencies serving Montreal’s most vulnerable people while actively participating in the development of sustainable solutions to promote food security. Thanks to an operating model based on food recovery rather than food purchases as well as the great generosity of its volunteers and food donors, Moisson Montréal benefits from an extraordinary multiplier effect: each monetary donation of $1 enables the organization to distribute more than $15 worth of food. Moisson Montréal provides 20 million kilos of food per year to the vast food aid network, including nearly 300 community agencies on the Island of Montreal. These agencies, in turn, fulfill some 600,000 food aid requests per month.
We are currently seeking to fill the position of:
Human Resources Support Officer
Full time, open-ended contract, daytime, 35 hours per week. You will join a young and dynamic team committed to the fight against food insecurity and instilled with a sense of community solidarity and team spirit. If you are known for your versatility, resourcefulness, and interpersonal skills, this opportunity is for you!
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, you will be responsible for supporting the human resources team in a variety of ways.
The salary range for this position is $29,983 to $44,975.
As your workstation is located at reception, you will be responsible for:
Carrying out reception duties
- Warmly greet each visitor and volunteer with a smile
- Direct calls to the appropriate people and answer routine questions
- Distribute mail and prepare mailings
- Order supplies
- Send communications to all employees
- Ensure that various employee and volunteer lists are kept up-to-date
- Perform various clerical tasks
Assisting the coordinator of volunteer activities
- Help manage volunteer requests (emails and calls)
- Carry out various follow-ups necessary to properly manage volunteer activities
- Enter volunteer data into Pro-Don
- Participate in various volunteer engagement and recognition initiatives
- Help fulfill various HR projects
- Perform all other related tasks
- Warm and welcoming attitude, proven interpersonal skills
- Bilingualism – French and English (oral and written)
- Minimum of a Diploma of Vocational Studies in office system technology, administration, human resources or a related field
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience
- Comfortable using Microsoft suite
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong work ethic
- Comfortable with multitasking
- Comfortable working in an environment composed of people of highly diverse backgrounds
In addition to offering a very flexible and stimulating work environment, Moisson Montréal offers competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits such as a group insurance plan, group RRSPs, partial reimbursement of public transportation costs, and an annual bonus. You will also enjoy wonderful meals prepared by our chef at an affordable price!
We invite you to send your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join our team.
Moisson Montréal is committed to employment equity. Only selected candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.