Reporting to the logistics coordinator, the driver picks up food from suppliers and third parties.
Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
· Ensuring that daily assigned routes are respected.
· Loading the truck at suppliers and third parties and unloading it at our warehouse.
· Handling merchandise/crates as needed.
· Performing a daily maintenance inspection of the freezer truck.
· Ensuring that positive relationships are maintained with our food suppliers and third parties.
· Performing any other related duties.
· Secondary 5
· Minimum one year of relevant experience
· Valid class 3 driver’s licence
· Strict compliance with the Highway Safety Code
· Good knowledge of the Greater Montreal area
· Ability to lift packages up to 20 kg
· Good organizational skills
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills
· Interest in food security issues (an asset)
· Honesty, reliability, and customer service orientation
· Bilingualism (an asset)
· $20 per hour when hired
· Premium for handling merchandise
· Bonus of $1000 upon signing the contract