Moisson Montréal’s mission is to ensure an optimal food supply for community organizations helping people in need on the island of Montreal, while participating in the development of sustainable solutions to promote food security. In 2019, for a third consecutive year, Moisson Montréal was named by Charity Intelligence as one of Canada’s Top 10 Canadian Impact Charities per dollar received. Every $1 donated enables Moisson Montréal to distribute nearly $15 worth of food. Moisson Montréal redistributes 14.3 million kg of food yearly to the food aid network, primarily to 253 community agencies on the Island of Montreal fulfilling over 567,000 requests for food aid per month.
Moisson Montréal is recruiting for
a Digital Communications Coordinator
This is a permanent full-time position (35 hours/week).
Reporting to the Manager of Communications and Marketing, the Digital Communications Coordinator creates, produces, manages and maintains efficient social media and website content (written and multimedia) in line with the organizational strategy, brand and mission.
- Manage social media (Facebook, Linkedln, Instagram, Twitter); plan the editorial calendar; participate in writing content in English and French; engage communities;
- Manage and update all website content in French and English;
- Maintain high editorial standards. In collaboration with the web service provider, implement an efficient information architecture for the site;
- Participate in the creation of original, engaging content that is adapted to different platforms (website, social media, newsletters, etc.), to the organization’s various audiences (donors, volunteers, community organizations, media, general public) and that is consistent with the organization’s mission, values and brand identity.
- Determine the KPIs (key performance indicators) that help define the best strategies for the organization’s digital ecosystem;
- Conduct in depth tracking and analysis of performance to assess the impact of web traffic and social media content; prepare performance reports;
- Monitor emerging trends and best practices relative to the digital ecosystem;
- Collaborate with members of the Philanthropic Development and Communications team to help the departments achieve their objectives: partnerships-campaign-events, fundraising, donations and grants;
- Accompany the various departments of the organization in their communication needs and ensure the quality and consistency of communication;
- Translate and revise communications texts (French – English), ensure coordination with external translators.
Skills and abilities
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing or a related field (e.g. public relations, journalism, creative writing, etc.) or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Exceptional writing skills in French; ability to translate from French to English;
- Very high degree of autonomy and creativity in writing content for social media and the website, in accordance with the communication plan and strategies;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the creation, delivery and maintenance of digital content for social media and the website.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices in content management and web user experience (WordPress);
- Experience in web measurement systems, Google Analytics, other Insights, SEO and SEM, with a clear understanding of how they are considered in web content strategy;
- Knowledge of MailChimp an asset;
- Creative ability and agility;
- Highly autonomous, ability to show initiative and good judgement;
- Knowledge of the community sector an asset;
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and respond to priorities;
- Proactive and collaborative attitude, results and goal-oriented approach.
TO APPLY: forward your cover letter, as well as your curriculum vitae, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org