Moisson Montréal is a registered charity founded in 1984 and the biggest food bank in Canada. Its mission is to provide an optimal food supply for community agencies serving Montreal’s most vulnerable people while actively participating in the development of sustainable solutions to promote food security. Thanks to an operating model based on food recovery rather than food purchases as well as the great generosity of its volunteers and food donors, Moisson Montréal benefits from an extraordinary multiplier effect: each monetary donation of $1 enables the organization to distribute more than $15 worth of food. Moisson Montréal provides 20 million kilos of food per year to the vast food aid network, including nearly 300 community agencies on the Island of Montreal. These agencies, in turn, fulfill some 600,000 food aid requests per month.
COMMUNICATIONS AND SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
The salary range for this position is $44,441 to $66,616.
Reporting to the Communications and Marketing Manager, the Communications and Social Media Coordinator is responsible for the organization’s communications activities. The Coordinator is responsible for managing the organization’s social media and corporate communications while also assisting the marketing team in all communication aspects of campaign and content strategies.
Specifically, the selected candidate will:
- Create content for various platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, blogs, etc.) in keeping with the editorial calendar that she/he will have previously determined and according to an established communication axis, while varying the visuals and proposing compelling material for publication.
- Write engaging and impactful content for different audiences, including donors and volunteers, consistent with the organization’s mission, values and brand identity.
- Research and write stories and testimonials about community agencies, volunteers and partners.
- Create content customized to the media in which it will be distributed (letter, newsletter, direct mail, etc.).
- Contribute to the production of communication tools used for fundraising and in Moisson Montréal’s campaigns and events.
- If necessary, translate communications (French to English) or ensure coordination with external translators and make any required revisions.
- Contribute to the production of internal and external communications (newsletters, notices, social events, annual report, etc.).
- Perform all other related tasks.
- University degree in communications, media creation, journalism, marketing, or equivalent
- Experience in writing and managing content (articles, newsletters, social media, web content)
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to synthesize information and write content autonomously
- Diligence – the Moisson Montréal brand must be managed so that its reputation is maintained
- Flexibility – all opportunities to promote the brand must be capitalized on.
All interested candidates are invited to forward their CV and cover letter to Moisson Montréal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Moisson Montréal is committed to employment equity. Only selected candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.