Reporting to the Communications and Marketing Manager, the Communications and Social Media Coordinator is responsible for the organization’s communications activities. This includes managing social media and creating/editing content for the organization, as well as supporting the marketing team in all communication aspects of campaigns and content strategies.
- Identify best practices and develop a social media strategy;
- Plan and manage the social media editorial calendar;
- Create content on various platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.);
- Write engaging and impactful content for various audiences, including donors and volunteers, in line with the organization’s mission, values and brand identity;
- Research and write stories and testimonials about accredited organizations, volunteers and partners;
- Write content according to the medium in which it will be disseminated (articles, newsletter, blogs, social media, web content, etc.);
- Provide coverage and promotional support for social media broadcasting of various campaigns and events.
- University degree in communications, media creation, journalism or marketing, or equivalent
Knowledge and experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience or more;
- Strong experience in social media planning and management;
- Writing experience (articles, newsletters, blogs, social media, web content, etc.);
- Experience in creating social media content (visuals, Reels, stories, etc.);
- Canva and/or Photoshop experience.
Skills and aptitudes
- Rigor – the Moisson Montréal brand must be managed in such a way as to preserve its reputation;
- Flexibility – every opportunity to promote the brand must be seized;
- Creativity – creativity is essential to create eye-catching and engaging content on social media;
- Writing skills – excellent writing skills are crucial to developing punchy captions, compelling posts and clear, concise messages;
- Technology watch – Stay up to date with the latest trends, features and developments in social media. Be open to continuous learning and experimentation with new strategies and tactics.
What Moisson Montréal offers:
- Open-ended daytime contract;
- Possibility of teleworking a maximum of 3 days a week in a friendly, flexible environment;
- Salary between $50,400 and $63,000 per year;
- 35-hour week: with Friday afternoons off, year-round summer schedule;
- An annual bonus
- A range of employee benefits: group insurance, group RRSPs, etc. ;
- You’ll also be able to enjoy wonderful meals prepared by our chef at an affordable price!
Interested candidates are invited to send their resume and cover letter to Moisson Montréal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Moisson Montréal is an equal opportunity employer. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.