Moisson Montréal is a registered charity founded in 1984 and the biggest food bank in Canada. Its mission is to provide an optimal food supply for community agencies serving Montreal’s most vulnerable people while actively participating in the development of sustainable solutions to promote food security. Thanks to an operating model based on food recovery rather than food purchases as well as the great generosity of its volunteers and food donors, Moisson Montréal benefits from an extraordinary multiplier effect: each monetary donation of $1 enables the organization to distribute more than $15 worth of food. Moisson Montréal provides 20 million kilos of food per year to the vast food aid network, including nearly 300 community agencies on the Island of Montreal. These agencies, in turn, fulfill some 600,000 food aid requests per month.
We are currently looking for an:
12 month contract
Full-time, fixed-term contract position, daytime work, 35 hours per week.
You will join a young and dynamic team committed to the fight against food insecurity and instilled with a sense of community solidarity and team spirit. If you are known for your interpersonal skills, organizational abilities, and resourcefulness, this job is for you!
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, your mandate will be to accredit new organizations to Moisson Montréal.
The salary range for this position is $38,618 to $57,927.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
Promoting the accreditation of new community organizations
- From a recent directory, identify and select potential organizations for accreditation
- Contact and assist them in completing their application for accreditation, if required
- Visit organizations in the process of accreditation, as needed
- Carry out the required follow-ups and reminders
- Assist newly accredited organizations right up to their first food pick-up
- Perform any other directly related
Requirements and skills needed
- College diploma in humanities, administration, or related field
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bilingualism – French and English (oral and written)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (oral and written)
- Autonomy and strong sense of initiative
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- A valid driver’s license and access to a car
- Ability to work at least 50% of the time outside the office (e.g., visits to organizations).
In addition to offering a very flexible and stimulating work environment, Moisson Montréal offers competitive salaries. You will also enjoy wonderful meals prepared by our chef!
All interested candidates are invited to forward their CV and cover letter to Moisson Montréal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Moisson Montréal is committed to employment equity. Only selected candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in Moisson Montréal.