Nearly 250 duly accredited community organizations across the Island of Montreal get their supplies from Moisson Montréal on a regular basis (once or twice a week, every two weeks or even once a month, depending on their capacity to store or to distribute the foodstuffs supplied), while 65 get occasional assistance. These groups, that provide various services to the citizens, offer many forms of food aid and education, and benefit from daily support from our attentive community relations team. Moisson Montréal’s accredited organizations provide the following types of food aid:
- Emergency supply of groceries
- Meal services
- Meals on Wheels
- Soup kitchens, workshops
- Low cost groceries
- And more!
Below are prerequisite criterions that must apply to your organization in order to be accredited by Moisson Montreal:
– Be a non-lucrative organization (NPO);
– Offer services to a clientele in need;
– Be based on the Montreal island and offer it services to Montreal residents;
– Be incorporated according to the «Québec Partie III» company law (have a charter or patent letters);
– Possess a register number issued by Revenu Canada;
– Work in concert with your neighbourhood’s community.
If these criterions apply to your organization, you may fill out the accreditation form* and give it to the community relations’ department. Furthermore, if your organization represents a church or a religious minister, please fill out the appropriated annex* form. Please take note that other criterions will be evaluated following your request.
If you wish to ask for foodstuff for an event helping clientele in need, please fill the punctual request form.*
* English version available upon request
Here’s the geographic distribution of organizations served by Moisson Montréal: