Working at Moisson Montréal means helping to make a difference in people’s lives
Our greatest strength lies in our team and in the values we embrace, such as respect, integrity, fairness, support and commitment which our employees convey daily.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic, devoted and inspiring team whose work contributes to making our world a better place, send us your application (with your resume and cover letter).
This job posting should be more creative. But it isn’t. Why? Because you haven’t joined our team yet!
As Associate, Communications and Marketing, you will join a dedicated team of communications and fundraising professionals working to enhance the visibility and impact of food banks. In so doing, you will help Moisson Montreal continue its growth by engaging individuals, corporations and other organizations to change the face of food insecurity.
Every day, thousands of individuals take on a wide range of challenges, from mental health to conjugal violence, delinquency and addiction, to name a few. They are supported by hundreds of organizations spread across Montreal whose sole purpose is to ensure they find their rightful place in society. In 2017, Moisson Montreal delivered close to 16,000,000 KGs of food to more than 240 of those organizations, allowing them to focus on their core mission instead of being concerned about how to feed their beneficiaries. By partnering with these organizations, Moisson Montreal is an important contributor to our society as a whole while also affecting the lives of thousands of individuals.
The Big How
By joining our team, you will be responsible for the creation and delivery of the following for Moisson Montreal:
- Create engaging and innovative content for distribution across a wide range of channels, including social media, newsletters and other tools
- Support the creation and content for key strategic materials designed to support a better understanding of Moisson Montreal’s mission and values (Annual Reports, Hunger Count report, donor reports, etc)
- Ensure a rapid response to requests from a wide range of organizations seeking to engage with Moisson Montreal for publication, interview and other reasons
- Support engagement of our online communities.
The Little How
Here’s the fine print on how we think this role will reach the goals set out for Moisson Montreal:
- Create press releases and other materials for diffusion through various media channels
- Develop original content for the various social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Ensure the management and engagement of the various social media channels and other communities
- Support the design and content creation for the website
- Support the strategic plan for the development and delivery of our marketing and communications plans
- Develop and support the required documents and notes for press releases and interviews
- Monitor and analyze the various media channels
- Leverage the different tools available (Google Analytics, MailChimp, etc) to ensure a strong public persona
- Other tasks related to marketing and communications, both internal and external to the organization
Here’s Who You Might Be
We have a wide range of people here at Moisson Montreal, and we certainly aren’t looking for conformity. If you recognize yourself in the following lines, you’ll probably be a great fit for us and we would love to see your résumé:
- You are autonomous and motivated, with an ability to drive forward projects with an entrepreneurial spirit
- You have exceptional writing and editing skills, You are very creative and resourceful, you always made the most creative and interesting school projects growing up
- You are detail-oriented without losing sight of the big picture – you realize that to make the most beautiful pictures, sometimes you have to draw outside the lines
- You like to work hard and have a lot of energy and enthusiasm
- You are a team player who likes to help others achieve their goals
- You care about others and keen to have a positive impact through the amazing work you do
- You are comfortable with the latest social media and other tools, and know how to engage and maintain a vibrant community through these channels
- You have a passion for storytelling, and are comfortable doing so in both English and French
Here’s What You Have
Here are some basic things to have in your personal history:
- BA/BSc in Communications, public relations, or marketing (or 5 years of relevant experience with a portfolio)
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience, principally in web and digital communications
- Experience working with traditional media an asset
- Strong understanding of web 2.0 and an understanding/knowledge of developing technologies
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Perfectly bilingual in English and French, both written and spoken
- Knowledge and ability with Microsoft Office
Are you ready? So are we! Send us your Letter of Introduction, resumé and anything else you think would get us excited about meeting you to firstname.lastname@example.org today! If we like what we see, you’ll be hearing from us! Note that the final candidate(s) may be asked to provide an example of a previous job.
Moisson Montréal is committed to the principle of employment equity. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Moisson Montreal.