Our greatest strength lies in our team and in the values we embrace, such as respect, integrity, fairness, support and commitment which our employees convey daily.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic, devoted and inspiring team whose work contributes to making our world a better place, send us your application (with your resume and cover letter).
Do you have a passion for writing and making a difference? We are looking for a poet, scribe or wordsmith to fill the role of
COORDINATOR, GRANTS AND PUBLIC CAMPAIGNS
Changing the world is no small feat, and in order to do it, we rely on the generosity of grantmakers, donors and partners to support the mission of Moisson Montréal in tackling food insecuirity. Working closely with the Philanthropic Development and Communications team, the Coordinator, Grants and Public Campaigns plays a critical role in crafting our grant requests and reaching out to various communities to have their support through our public campaigns.
Every day, tens of thousands of individuals take on a wide range of challenges, from mental health to conjugal violence, delinquency and addiction, to name a few. They are supported by hundreds of organizations spread across Montreal whose sole purpose is to ensure they find their rightful place in society. In 2017, Moisson Montreal delivered close to 16,000,000 KGs of food to more than 240 of those organizations, allowing them to focus on their core mission instead of being concerned about how to feed their beneficiaries. By partnering with these organizations, Moisson Montreal is an important contributor to our society as a whole while also affecting the lives of tens of thousands of individuals.
The Big How
When you become our new Coordinator, Grants and Public Campaigns, your challenge will be to help Moisson Montréal to meet its commitment to the community by:
- Identifying new grant opportunities and develop strategies to support the development of those opportunities.
- Create and prepare the funding requests that will be submitted to various grant-making agencies, including foundations, governments and corporations.
- Maintain and manage relationships with existing and potential organisations that support Moisson Montréal.
- Develop and manage the public mailing campaigns.
- Support the strategic plan for the marketing of campaigns and ensure the activation of those plans vis-à-vis donations and by maximizing the return on investment.
The Little How
- Coordinate the production of supporting documentation;
- Manage the budgets of various projects and campaigns;
- Work with other members of the philanthropic development team to develop new tools and strategies to solicit, celebrate and better understand corporate and individual donors;
- Ensure that Moisson Montréal remains up to date on latest trends and that we are competitive in the market (benchmarking);
- Project management of multiple initiatives, respecting deadlines and expectations of the organization and our supporters, including the preparation and delivery of stewardship reports;
- Working with our finance and IT teams, you will ensure that mailing lists and contact information for grant-makers and other partners is maintained in our database;
- Prepare candidacies for Moisson Montréal recognition programs;
- Any other related tasks.
Here’s Who You Might Be
We have a wide range of people here at Moisson Montreal, and we certainly aren’t looking for conformity. If you recognize yourself in the following lines, you’ll probably be a great fit for us and we would love to see your résumé:
- You are autonomous and motivated, with an ability to drive forward projects with an entrepreneurial spirit
- You know what it takes to create powerful stories through the written word, and you have had success in similar roles involving grants and fundraising campaigns
- You have exceptional writing and editing skills, You are very creative and resourceful, you always made the most creative and interesting school projects growing up
- You are detail-oriented without losing sight of the big picture – you realize that to make the most beautiful pictures, sometimes you have to draw outside the lines
- You like to work hard and have a lot of energy and enthusiasm
- You are a team player who likes to help others achieve their goals
- You care about others and keen to have a positive impact through the amazing work you do
Here’s What You Have
Here are some of the basic things that you have as a background:
- University degree in Communications, Marketing, Literature, Sociology or other relevant field
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in grant writing and/or campaign-style fundraising
- Experience in public mailing and other fundraising activities
- Excellent (fluent) written and spoken French and English
- Knowledge/experience with CRM databases
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Valid driver’s licence (required occasionally for off-site events and local travel)
Are you ready? So are we! Send us your Letter of Introduction, resumé and anything else you think would get us excited about meeting you to firstname.lastname@example.org today! If we like what we see, you’ll be hearing from us! – Moisson Montréal is committed to the principle of employment equity. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Moisson Montreal.